All Information before Studying Economics in Turkey
With the economic development in Turkey and the excellent reputation of Turkish universities that compete with the best universities in the world, international students find Turkey a great destination to study economics and its various branches.
Economics programs in Turkey keep pace with modern economic development and offer many rich courses and practical training. The duration of economics study is four years with an additional language preparatory year. Moreover, some Turkish universities offer the economics program with an English medium of instruction
Why Study Economics in Turkey
- Turkish universities keep pace with the developments of economic concepts, systems, and theories worldwide and integrate academic study with professional aspects.
- Studying economics in Turkey uplift the capabilities of students through the provided practical training in different companies, factories, and institutions and opens up vast opportunities to work in various companies.
- Some Turkish universities have achieved a good global ranking in teaching economics.
- Academic teaching and professional staff in Turkish universities are highly qualified and among the best worldwide, especially in economics.
- The costs of studying economics in Turkish universities are comparatively less compared to European and American universities and neighboring countries.
- Turkish universities provide students with a waiver on tuition fees through full or partial scholarships. International students can also apply for these scholarships.
- Turkish universities integrate the economics specialization with other related specializations such as business administration, giving students better job opportunities.
- Turkish public and private universities provide students with a realistic and practical understanding and analysis of the global and Turkish economic issues and the problems of the economy in their countries.
- The primary goal of Turkish universities through their offered programs is to provide students with the skills of systematic and independent thinking.
What are the Objectives of Economics?
- The economics specialization covers both macroeconomics and microeconomics branches. Macroeconomics focus on countries and societies in general. It studies the public works related to the local economy, including interest rates, taxes, inflation, economic growth, and unemployment rates. However, microeconomics focuses on making decisions regarding business and marketing competition.
- Economics aims to achieve economic growth and development of the countries locally and globally.
- Economics works to achieve economic efficiency through its theories and specializations.
- Ensuring economic growth and prosperity is a strategic issue of great interest for all countries, and Turkey is one of these countries. Therefore, Turkish private universities are continuously concerned with developing the offered economic courses.
- Increase the awareness of the importance of understanding the various economic phenomena and using economic data and information to analysis on these phenomena to adapt to or develop them.
Required Skills of Economic Specialization Students in Turkey
- Arithmetic skills
- Analytical skills
- Creative skills
- Knowledge of mathematics and technology
- Passion for management aspects
- Desire for self-development
- Communication skills
- Passion for following the economic news and stock exchange and trade
- Capability of handling data
- Capability of problem-solving and critical thinking
- Capability of preparing scientific reports and research
Duration of Economic Study in Turkey
The study of economics in Turkey is four years. However, an additional year will be added to the total duration if the students did not manage to clear the language test and wishes to attend the language preparatory year.
Cost of Economic Study in Turkey
The costs of studying in Turkish public universities differ from private ones. However, the costs of studying in turkey are comparatively affordable, and the annual tuition fees range from $4000 to $10000 in private universities and between $250-600 in public universities.
Courses of Economic Program in Turkey
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Statistics
- Principles of Business Administration
- Principles of Accounting
- Industrial Economy
- Statistical Analysis
- Public Finance
- Economic Theories
- International Trade
- Research Methods in Economics
- Mathematical Economics
- International Finance
- Financial Economics
- Managerial Economics and Economic Development
Work Areas of Economics Graduates in Turkey
Economics specialization is related to other specializations, providing graduates with excellent academic education and practical training, which allow them to work in many fields and secure a proper postgraduate job. The following are some of the work areas of the economics graduates:
- Work in stock exchange centers and companies, including insurance and finance companies
- Work as an auditor and chartered accountant
- Work in academic affairs and scientific and administrative research
- Work in personnel, human resource management, and development
- Work in public and private banks
- Work as an economic analyst and in policy-making centers in economic fields
- Work as an expert in companies and factories
Admission Requirements to Study Economics in Turkey
- The student should clear the Turkish YÖS exam or the American SAT for admission to public universities.
- The student should have a General Certificate of Secondary Education (GSCE) with a minimum average of 50%. This average is required for admission to private universities.
- Certificate of passing English or Turkish language exams
- Private universities offer many full and partial scholarships for international students.
- Transcripts, translated into Turkish
- A certified copy of the passport
- Personal photograph
What are the Economics-Associated Specializations?
The concepts and tools of economic analysis are increasingly used in a variety of fields, and there is a correlation between economics and other different specializations, including:
- Business Administration
- Finance and Accounting
- Information Technology
- Human Resource Management
- Public Relations
- Aviation Management
Turkish Private Universities to Study Economics
Economics Programs with an English Medium of Instruction
Many private universities offer economics programs in English. Here are some of them:
- Okan University
- Atılım University
- Beykent University
- Isik University
- Istanbul Bilgi University
- Gelişim University
- Altinbas University
- Istinye University
- Bahçeşehir University
- Özyeğin University
Most Important Universities that Offer Economics Programs with Advanced Technologies
- Ibn Haldun University
- Istanbul Commerce University
- Isik University
- Beykent University
- Atilim University
- Başkent University
- Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University
- Istanbul Kültür University
Best Turkish Universities for Undergraduate Programs in Economics
Beykent University: $3,087
Bahçeşehir University: $7,900
Atilim University: $2,450
Özyeğin University: $8,400
Altinbas University: $3,000
Istanbul Kültür University: $4250
Postgraduate Programs in Economics in Turkey
Postgraduate programs in economics aim to provide the researcher with creative skills and rigid knowledge of economic analysis and policies. At the same time, this program aims to leverage students' critical thinking and analysis to gain experience and confidence to publish their project outputs.
Besides, many jobs require the applicant to have postgraduate degrees, master's or PhD
Master's Programs in Economics in Turkey
The student must have a good average in his undergraduate study (bachelor's degree).
The duration of the master's study is three years, and the students should submit a master's thesis at the end of this program. There are different master's programs offered by Turkish private universities:
Master's in Urban Economic Development
Master's in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Master's in Economics
Master's in Economic Analysis
Master's in Economics of Competitive Excellence
Master's in Accounting
Masters in Business Administration
Master's in Banking and Financial Sciences
Master's in Political Economy
Master's in Statistics
Best Universities for Thesis Master's Programs and their Annual Tuition Fees
Beykent University: $2,850
Yeditepe University: $9,500
Best Universities for Non-Thesis Master's Programs and their Annual Tuition Fees
Beykent University: $2,375
Yeditepe University: $8,700
Ph.D. Programs in Economics in Turkey
The Ph.D. duration is 2-3 years, and the students should submit a Ph.D. thesis at the end of this program.
Best Universities for Ph.D. Programs and their Annual Tuition Fees
Yeditepe University: $14,000
If you wanted to know more or have any questions, we are here to help you and you can always contact us:
Or via WhatsApp through this link.