Studying Marketing in Turkey
Today, marketing has become one of the cornerstones of any company. A company that does not follow promotion plans and does not give proper attention to its marketing department will lose in the end. Marketing is a forked section under which many other subsections fall. With the advent of the new millennium and to keep pace with the digital shift of our world, marketing has shifted from traditional to digital form. As a result of this shift, the number of students who wish to study marketing in Turkey has considerably increased as it is one of the major countries in this field.
What is Marketing?
Marketing aims to promote various services, commodities, products, or programs on the Internet by following a timely creative plan conveying a specific message, and introducing the product to the consumer via various channels. Marketing involves several successive processes, starting with the study of competitors, consumers, market, to the selection of the appropriate service or product, pricing, and the time of showing in the market.
Marketing plays a crucial role in today's world, as there is no place to go but to find advertisements, whether on the street, on the smartphone, or in shops. Behind all of these advertisements, there is a solid marketing plan.
Advantages of Marketing Study in Turkey
- Turkey is an advanced country in e-commerce and e-marketing thanks to the many Turkish and international marketing companies available in Turkey, providing you with the required information from great marketing experts.
- Turkey has great universities that compete with international ones in many fields, including business administration and marketing.
- Turkish universities focus on the practical application of the study by offering many workshops, training, and projects to bridge the gap between the theoretical and practical aspects of the study.
- Universities offer many summer internships in various companies to familiarize the students with the labor market and ensure they gain the required experience to refine their skills and personality, which help them find a good job opportunity after graduation.
- Some universities also provide students with part-time jobs at partner companies.
- Some universities offer a double major for distinguished students, which allows the student to study another specialization besides marketing, where the university will cover all study expenses. This option allows the student to gain more knowledge and experience necessary for the labor market.
- Most Turkish universities are recognized internationally, especially by the European Union and Arab countries, which allows you to work anywhere around the world.
- All Turkish universities are part of many student exchange programs, most notably the Erasmus program. Under this program, outstanding students will obtain a scholarship to study at one of the European Union universities for a semester or more.
Specializations and Departments of Marketing Program
Marketing is a branch of management sciences under which other specializations such as:
- E-business Management
- Business Management
Due to the advances in marketing and its digital transformation, e-marketing or digital marketing has become its most important branch, which concerns selling services over the Internet. The e-marketing includes the following high-demanded sub-branches:
- Content writing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Website Interface Development
- Content Development
Work Areas of Marketing Graduates
Marketing is one of the most sought-after specializations in the global market. The graduates of this specialization can work in many companies and institutions, such as:
- Real estate companies
- Import and export companies
- Trade and logistics companies
- Advertising companies
- Marketing research companies
The work in the marketing field is very flexible as many companies allow you to work from home, and some companies also allow freelancing work.
Duration of Marketing Study in Turkey and the Medium of Instruction
The duration of studying marketing in Turkey is four years. An additional year will be added to the total duration if the student attends the language preparatory year.
In general, the medium of instruction for the marketing program is Turkish. Some universities offer this program in both Turkish in English. However, they require the student to submit an English language proficiency certificate such as TOEFL or to clear the English language test, which varies from university to university.
Course Structure of Marketing Program in Turkey
The undergraduate program is divided into eight semesters. This program includes the following courses, where their name and the order may differ from one university to another:
- Principles of Marketing
- Marketing Channel Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Digital and E-marketing
- Marketing Researches
- Sales Administration
- Marketing Strategy
- Business Marketing
- Introduction to Economics
- Introduction to Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Advanced Business Statistics
- Basics of Marketing
- Management Approaches
- International Marketing
Admission Requirements to Study Marketing in Turkey
Admission Requirements in Turkish Public Universities
- Some public universities require you to appear for the YÖS exam conducted by the university or to submit SAT results if you wish to study in English. The required score may differ from one university to another.
- The student must submit a General Certificate of Secondary Education (GSCE) with a specified average by the university. If the student wishes to apply for a scholarship, the required GSCE average will be higher.
- The student must submit a language proficiency certificate based on the medium of instruction for the registered program (TÖMER if the student wishes to study in Turkish and TOEFL or IELTS for English).
Admission Requirements in Turkish Private Universities
- Private universities do not require a specific GSCE average. However, it is preferable to have an average of 50% and above.
- The student should submit a language proficiency certificate or appear for the language test at the university if he did not manage to submit this certificate.
Best Turkish Universities to Study Marketing and Their Tuition Fees
1. Ostim Technical University offers a marketing program for undergraduate students with an English medium of instruction at $2250 per year. It also affords a two-year associate degree program with a Turkish medium of instruction and $2000 per year.
2. Istanbul Bilgi University offers a marketing program for undergraduate students with an English medium of instruction and annual tuition fees of $6,600.
3. Istanbul Aydin University offers a two-year associate degree program in marketing with a Turkish medium of instruction and annual tuition fees of $2700.
4. Medipol University in Ankara affords a two-year associate degree program in marketing with a Turkish medium of instruction and annual tuition fees of $2350.
5. Istanbul Arel University has a two-year associate degree program in marketing with a Turkish medium of instruction and annual tuition fees of $1800.
6. Beykoz University offers a two-year associate degree program in marketing and e-commerce with a Turkish medium of instruction and annual tuition fees of $1,400.
Postgraduate Programs in Marketing in Turkey
- Istanbul Bilgi University offers a master's program in marketing with an English medium of instruction and tuition fees of 75000 Turkish Lira.
- Bahçeşehir University has a master's program in marketing with an English medium of instruction and tuition fees of $9,000 for (Thesis or Non-Thesis programs).
- Beykent University offers a master's program in marketing with a Turkish medium of instruction and tuition fees of $2,850 for the Thesis program and $2,350 for the Non-Thesis program.
- Okan University offers a non-thesis master's program in marketing with a Turkish medium of instruction at $5400.
- Istanbul Aydin University offers a master's degree in digital marketing with a Turkish medium of instruction and $4,700 as tuition fees.
if you wanted to know more or have any questions, we are here to help you and you can always contact us:
or via WhatsApp through this link.