Energy Systems Engineering Study in Turkey
Energy Systems Engineering is one of the future specializations where the whole world is racing to make development and progress in this field in the coming days.
Energy is the strongest currency in this world, as the global balance of power changes based on achievement in the energy field.
Turkey pays significant attention to the offered energy and renewable power study as it seeks to occupy a good position among the world's countries. Therefore, many Turkish universities offer these specializations in English and Turkish mediums of instruction.
- Energy Systems Engineering specialization integrates all physics, mathematics, chemistry, economics, and environmental sciences.
- Energy Systems Engineering is a branch of engineering which covers through its theoretical and practical courses the study of energy efficiency and its services and management of its facilities.
- Students will learn about the production and design of power generation projects during their study.
- The faculty members are highly qualified with great experience, providing a high teaching quality of theoretical and practical courses
- Turkey is among the leading countries working extensively on different energy production projects
- Turkish universities provide advanced and successful Energy Systems Engineering programs through their highly equipped laboratories and great academic classes.
- Turkey pays attention to scientific research and scholarships and attracts qualified faculty to develop the Energy Systems Engineering specialization continuously
- Power systems engineers oversee complex power transmission and distribution systems
- Power engineers improve energy storage systems and manage their effective use
- Students during this program study the secondary effects of energy use, including the local environmental and economic impact
- Students also study the impact of global climate change on the environment and how to address it.
- Turkish universities are keen to provide students with all required theoretical knowledge and applied experience to prepare them academically and practically for the labor market.
- Securing highly paid jobs and a prestigious social position
- Energy Systems Engineering programs integrate the gained theoretical knowledge with practical research in solar, wind, hydrogen, biomass, and geothermal energy fields.
- You will gain experience and acquire various practical skills for professional or academic life
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and their harmful effects
- Reducing the rate of natural disasters
- Designing and constructing renewable energy projects for cities or companies
- Researching and innovating to benefit from natural resources such as the sun, wind, and water to obtain eco-friendly energy and replace the current harmful energy sources.
- Studying how to reduce the cost of energy and protect the environment from harmful carbon emissions
- Educating students on the appropriate use of energy resources
- Researching new energy resources and their use and development
- Analytical skills
- Planning and logical thinking skills
- Capability to create radio designs
- Communication and problem-solving skills
- Capability to deal with emergencies.
- Ethics of collaborative and professional work
- Capability to work in a team
- Self-development in the academic aspects and professional practice.
- Report writing and project preparation skills
- Knowledge of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry courses
Studying Energy Systems Engineering in Turkey is four (4) years, with eight semesters. An additional language preparatory year would be added to the total duration of the study if the student did not manage to submit the language test certificate (in private universities).
- Probability and Statistics
- Non-conventional Energy Sources
- Energy Resources, Economy, and Environment
- Modeling and Analysis of Power Systems
- Introduction to Microparticles
- Cryogenic Engineering
- Advanced Heat Transfer
- Advanced Thermodynamics and Combustion
- Power Electronics
- Computer-Aided Power Analysis
- Electric Motors
- Energy Management
- Introduction to Programming
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
- Transmission and Distribution of Energy
- Modeling and Analysis of Dynamic Systems
- Power Generation and Systems Planning
- Non-conventional Power Systems
- Solar Photovoltaic Cells
- Fuel Cells
- Utilization of Solar Thermal Energy
- Converting Waste into Energy
- Wind Energy Conversion Systems
- Hydrogen Energy Improvement
- Operation Station Simulation
- Reaction Engineering
- Thermal Environment Engineering
- Transfer Phenomenon
- Analysis and Control of Electrical Machines
- Tests, Laboratories, and Practical Applications
- Industrial Management
- Economic Management
- Electrical Circuits
- Digital Electronics
- Protection of Power Systems
- Civil Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering
- Wind turbine operations management
- Analysis of the efficiency of hydropower systems
- Supervising the production of innovative fuel cell technologies
- Assessing the economic feasibility of new solar energy facilities, the environmental impact of alternative power, and the design, development, and construction of renewable energy technologies.
- Integrating renewable energy production with the existing power, arranging new supplies, negotiating tariffs with fuel suppliers, and conducting on-site inspections and energy surveys.
- Supervising the practical experiments and scaling them to large-scale industrial processes and developing technical expertise in energy and environmental control matters.
- Electrical Engineer (Energy Management Systems)
- Power engineer (solar energy, wind energy)
- Work in power plants
- Work in solar energy manufacturing units
- Work in companies and power stations
- Work in thermal power units
- Work in nuclear plants
- Work in the academic field and scientific research
- Work in scientific, practical, and research laboratories
- Work in the Ministry of Energy and the energy-relevant institutions and ministries.
- Work in building machines, factories, and large industrial companies
- Work in natural gas production and transportation companies
- Work in energy transformation facilities and institutions such as power plants, heating plants, and renewable energy facilities.
- Work in energy supply organizations
- Work in government institutions and agencies
- Work in engineering service providers
The student should submit a General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) with an average of more than 50%. Turkish private universities do not allow students to clear the entrance exam. However, they ask the student to submit the English language proficiency certificate.
The tuition fee varies from one university to another. However, the annual fees range between $3099 to $9,800.
The best Turkish universities to study Energy Systems Engineering with their annual tuition fees are listed below:
- Atilim University, $9,800$.
- Bahçeşehir University, $8,200$.
- Istanbul Bilgi University, $6,950
Many Turkish private universities provide students with a waiver on tuition fees through full or partial scholarships. These scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence.
If you wanted to know more or have any questions, we are here to help you and you can always contact us:
Or via WhatsApp through this link.