Studying Cyber Security Turkey
Cyber security is one of the emerging specializations which will have an impressive future in the next few years. The study of information security is one of the required fields; therefore, it is essential to find a satisfactory answer to the following questions: What is the future of the cybersecurity specialization? What is the difference between information security and cyber security?
Information security is one of the most vital fields today; therefore, we should know what the future of information security is? What is the difference between information security, cyber security, and information technology?
At the start of the Russo-Ukrainian war, cybersecurity experts predicted several cyberattacks between the two countries as they are among the leading countries with a long history in the field of information security. Russia and Ukraine exchanged many threats about targeting the data of important institutions in the two countries.
Accordingly, the Russian National Coordination Center for Computer Incidents (NCCCI) warned of the danger of increased hacker attacks on Russian information resources, some of which contain vital information.
Therefore, Ukraine prepared militarily and hired IT experts.
According to Reuters, the government in Kyiv was looking for volunteers who would be able to repel the attacks of Russian hackers and prepare special attacks on critical Russian IT infrastructure.
People are confused with information security or cyber security and information technology and computer science.
However, all of these specializations are almost similar, with some differences.
Cyber security specialization
- This specialization is known as InfoSec.
- It consists of tools to protect information from unauthorized hacks, deletion, modification, or use to blackmail data owners who utilize digital services.
Computer Engineering and Software Engineering
Computer engineering is the bedrock of learning computing and software. Software engineering is a sub-specialization of applied computer science specializations that focuses on how software is built using a particular engineering approach.
Difference between Computer Engineering and Software Engineering
- Computer engineering includes the theoretical aspect of computing within programs, the study of computer hardware, and the physical parts of hardware.
- Software engineering is the practical part of computing science, where you systematically develop software that makes programming an essential aspect of software engineering.
- The duration of studying computer engineering in Turkey is four years. An additional English or Turkish language preparatory year will be added for the total period if the student did not submit a language proficiency certificate.
Importance of Cyber Security Specialization
Because of the development in the field of technology and information, it was necessary to find digital solutions to maintain the security of users, whether they are individuals or companies. This, in turn, drove the need to establish cyber security and network security specializations.
Some major companies have been subjected to several cyber-attacks, especially during the last Russo-Ukrainian war, where the power of data or information has become equal to weapons and war material.
This is what makes cyber security or network security a necessary future specialization. The most important question here is what should be the capabilities of the cybersecurity students?
Cyber security students must have many capabilities due to the difficulty of specialization. The most important is to be familiar with some information about this discipline in addition to the following:
- The student should have the skill of STEM, which is knowledge of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- The student should have an analytical mind capable of solving problems innovatively.
- The student should learn about cloud technology and networks and their importance.
- The student should be patient and willing to study a computer specialization.
- The student should be a good follower of the technology market.
- The student should be able to analyze data and information.
- The student should be familiar with the programming languages .
Cyber security specialization is a branch of computer science. Computer science may also include:
- Software Engineering
- Data Science
- Computer Information System
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Information Security
- Robotics Science
It is essential to know that these disciplines are not offered as separate in the Arab world. However, it is taught as courses within the specialization of cyber security or network security.
You can study a cybersecurity specialization through the following programs:
- Bachelor's program in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, or information technology. After that, you can pursue a master's program in cyber security or network security.
- Bachelor's program in cyber security or network security. After that, you can pursue a master's program in one of its branches.
Cyber security study has the following advantages:
- High salaries
- A large number of job opportunities, due to the lees number of graduates
- Abundance of information about this specialization
- Data and information protection
- Reducing cybercrime and providing a high level of protection
- Coinciding with technological development
- Acquisition of logical thinking skills
- The duration of study ranges from three to four years
- Programming companies in the technical support department
- The field of cybercrime and criminal investigations
- Security and databases
- Work as a consultant in the field of data security and operating systems
- Work as an Information Security Specialist
- IELTS with a minimum of 6.0 or the TOEFL with a minimum of 70.
- Academic transcript or a GPA of at least 3.00
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement in the letter of intent
- IELTS with a minimum of 6.5 or the TOEFL with a minimum of 75.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, cyber security, or any related field.
- Minimum GPA, which varies from one university to another.
The study of cybersecurity in Turkey is still limited to private universities and is available for master's programs only. This specialization has not yet been launched in public universities.
Therefore, here we will present the most important Turkish universities to study cybersecurity in Turkish and English with their annual tuition fees.
- Bahçeşehir University, English medium of instruction, $9000
- Üsküdar University, English and Turkish medium of instruction, $2900.
- Antalya Bilim University, English and Turkish medium of instruction, $5000.
- Işık University, Turkish medium of instruction, $4,000
- Haliç University, Turkish medium of instruction, $6000
In the end, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicted a boom in the field of information security. This field will have an average annual salary of $99,730 with total job growth of 32% from 2018 to 2028, more significant than the forecast for many other occupations.
If you wanted to know more or have any questions, we are here to help you and you can always contact us:
Or via WhatsApp through this link.