Equivalency Certificate in turkey (DENKLIK)
arab, asian and african countries are witnessing several turmoils as a result of civil wars and revolutions that erupted nearly 10 years ago or because of economic crises.
this has threatened the academic path of many people including those who seek education in these countries.
many students dream of completing their educational path in a country that is characterized by the highest standards, so many are looking for a way to get the equivalency of their certificates to study in turkey, which offers students several educational advantages.
in this article you will find out about:
- what is the certificate equivalency document in turkey
- how is the equivalency of the high school diploma in turkey done
- required documents for the equivalency of the high school diploma for foreigners in turkey.
- high school diploma equivalency steps.
- how to equate a bachelor's and master's degree in medicine in turkey.
- how to equate a bachelor's and master's degree in dentistry in turkey.
- how to equalize a bachelor's and master's degree in turkey.
what is the certificate equivalency document in turkey
registration in turkish universities requires some documents, including the high school diploma equivalency document, known in the turkish language as (denklik bulges).
this document is important for the student to prove that the high school certificate he obtained in his country is valid and equivalent to Turkish certificates, and this certificate can be obtained in two ways:
first: through the turkish consulate or embassy in the country in which you live. second: through the turkish directorate of education in Istanbul or other turkish cities.
how is the equivalency of the high school diploma in turkey done
the system for submitting the high school certificate equivalency for foreigners in turkey has been modified. previously, you had to go to the turkish directorate of education in your city inside turkey and hand some papers to the directorate, but now the system has been changed to be electronically processed by submitting an online application through the equivalency website of the ministry of education.
Required documents for the equivalency of the high school diploma for foreigners in turkey
- the original high school diploma (authenticated by the foreign country from which you received the high school diploma)
- transcripts of the last 3 academic years attested by the ministry of foreign affairs.
- if the student completed his studies from an international school such as the ig, he will be required to authenticate his papers from the ministry of foreign affairs of the country of completion of the study, and then notarize them from the country's embassy in turkey.
- a copy of a valid passport.
- the student's visa and a copy of it, and this visa can be replaced by a residence card if any.
- university acceptance letter obtained from the website of the turkish university you have chosen to study at.
- the high school equivalency application form that you filled out in turkish is obtained from the equivalency authority of the education administration milli eğitim mdrlğ.
- proof of university registration, the source must be with a new date.
- if the student is under 18 years old, he must attach a guardianship contract and a power of attorney from his guardian.
steps for equivalency of your degree in turkey
- visit the official certification equivalency website here.
- register your data on the site.
- upload your papers and book a paper delivery day.
- you will be asked to go to the directorate of education milli eğitim mdrlğ in the city in which your university is located within turkey on the appointed date.
how to equivalence the bachelor of human medicine and master's degrees in turkey
applicants for the equivalency of the bachelor of human medicine degree in turkey go through two stages:
- submitting papers to the ministry of higher education in ankara.
- including, copies of the required papers that were sent by mail to the ministry of higher education and waited for a period ranging from 7 months to a year.
during this period, the ministry will communicate with the university in your country to ensure the validity of the papers.
- all applicants can track their application by entering the higher education website.
success in the following tests:
- sts equivalency test.
- osce exam.
- the tus test
those who want the equivalency of the medicine certificate in turkey must pass the previous three exams to obtain the certificate.
those who were specialized and wished to work as specialized doctors must submit a request for an amendment to the ministry of health, and in return, the ministry would transfer this request to a university or government hospital to examine the doctor in this specialty.
after passing this step, obtaining the equivalency of the certificate, and learning the turkish language, the last step will remain, which is to look for a job in a hospital.
how to equate the bachelor of dentistry and master's degrees in turkey
the equivalency of a bachelors degree in dentistry in turkey passes through two stages:
- submitting papers to the ministry of higher education in ankara
copies of the required papers are sent by mail to the ministry of higher education and wait for a period of 7 months to a year until the ministry communicates with the university of your country to verify the validity of the papers and then the ministry contacts you.
- the second stage: success in two tests:
- sts equivalency test.
- dus specialty exam.
it is worth noting that the two steps are not dependent on each other and can be completed in parallel.
after passing this step, obtaining the equivalency of the certificate, and learning the turkish language, the last step will remain, which is to search for hospital work.
how to equalize a diploma and a bachelor's degree in turkey
to equalize the certificates of other disciplines, we do the same as the previous steps, with the provision of the following papers:
- a copy of a valid passport.
- the registration form, which is manual and temporary, is attached with the rest of the papers, and you can download it from here.
- a high school diploma equivalency document, certified by a notary, with an additional copy of these documents.
- the original diploma or bachelor's degree, that you obtained in your country.
- diploma or bachelor's degree translated into turkish and certified by a notary.
- an original copy of transcripts for all years of higher education and a copy translated into turkish and certified by a notary.
- additional copies of all documents.
then you deliver the papers to the following address:
yksekğretim kurulu başkanlığı denklik mracaat ofisi bilkent/ankara
you can also send it by mail to the following address:
yksekğretim kurulu başkanlığı 06539 bilkent/ankara
if you wanted to know more or have any questions, we are here to help you and you can always contact us:
or via whatsapp throughthis link.