Top 10 public universities in Turkey
In this article, we will provide a brief overview of the top 10 public universities in Turkey in 2023.
In this article, we will discuss in detail the top 10 public universities in Turkey. As it is known, Turkey has witnessed a huge boom in the educational level in the past few years. Also, its public universities in particular enjoy a high international rating, great educational quality, as well as low tuition fees when compared to private universities.
Middle East Technical University
• It is one of the oldest and leading universities in Turkey. It is founded in 1956 under the name "Middle East Institute of High Technology", and is located in the capital, Ankara.
• It aims to contribute to the development of Turkey and the countries of the Middle East by training its graduates to prepare a skilled workforce in the fields of natural and social sciences.
• It is distinguished by its high ranking, as it is currently ranked 518 in the world university rankings, and ranked 901 in the academic ranking of world universities in 2021 according to Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
• It includes 5 faculties and offers 41 undergraduate programs, 107 graduate programs, and 69 Ph.D. programs, and the language of study is English.
Istanbul Technical University
It is one of the most prominent and oldest technical universities around the world, as it was established during the reign of Sultan Mustafa III nearly 250 years ago under the name "Mohandeshani Bahr Humayun".
• It is considered the first university in Turkey in the fields of engineering and architecture, so it has contributed greatly to the development of Turkey over the past two centuries through the role of its graduates in constructing roads, bridges, factories, and dams, communication networks, and power stations.
• Despite its early establishment, it is currently one of the top 10 public universities in Turkey, as it is currently ranked 567th in the global university rankings.
• More than 37,000 students study there, and it includes 13 colleges offering 104 undergraduate programs and 191 postgraduate programs.
Bosphorus University Bogazici
It is one of the major research universities established in 1863 and located on the Bosphorus Strait in Istanbul.
• Since its inception, it aims to generate knowledge on a global scale, expand scientific horizons in the country, and educate individuals in various contemporary sciences and technology to contribute to the development of society.
• It is currently ranked 658 in the world university rankings, and ranked 701 according to the QS World University Rankings.
• It contains 6 colleges, 6 institutes, 2 vocational schools, and 32 research centers. It offers 35 bachelor's programs, 67 graduate programs, and 33 Ph.D. programs.
• Approximately 13,000 students at the undergraduate level study there, and 3,300 students for postgraduate studies.
• It was founded in 1967 in the capital, Ankara, and ranks 669 in the world university rankings.
• It is distinguished by its unique educational approach, which is based on the scientific approach, critical thinking, and learning by doing.
• It is also distinguished by its research centers, and its excellence in the health and medical fields, as there are 5 university hospitals, and more than 1400 doctors.
• It offers many study programs in various disciplines through 16 colleges, 15 institutes, 4 vocational schools, and 98 research and application centers.
• It is the first university to be established in the modern Turkish Republic, where it was established nearly 75 years ago as a bridge linking the past with the present, and the present with the future.
• Its main mission was and still is to educate its students in various fields of science and arts from a global perspective and to contribute to the production of science, technology, and arts with its distinguished research.
• Since its inception, it has maintained its distinguished position among the top 10 public universities in Turkey and is currently ranked 742 in the international university rankings.
• Approximately 43,000 students study in it, and it offers 30 bachelor's programs, 22 master's programs, as well as 3 distance education programs.
• It is the most ancient, oldest, and largest Turkish university in all. Its founding dates back to 1453 AD during the reign of the Ottoman Sultan Muhammad al-Fateh under the name of "School of Philosophy, Medicine, Law, and Arts".
• It has developed over time until it is currently ranked 749th in the world university rankings. It also ranked 401 in the academic ranking of world universities issued by Shanghai Jiao Tong University for the year 2021 and ranked 801 according to the QS World University Rankings.
• Nearly a quarter of a million students study in it, and it includes 17 colleges, 14 institutes, and two vocational schools. It is also distinguished by its university library, which contains about 2 million books.
• It is one of the prestigious universities in Turkey, founded in 1926 under the name "Gazi Teacher Training Institute", and located in the capital, Ankara.
• It was reorganized in 1982 by merging with the Bolu Academy of Engineering and Architecture, Ankara Academy of Economics and Business Sciences, Ankara Technical College, Ankara Technical College for Girls, and Ankara State Academy of Engineering and Architecture.
• It is currently ranked 1046 in the world university rankings, and ranked 901 in the academic ranking of world universities issued by Shanghai Jiao Tong University for the year 2021.
• It contains 11 specialized colleges, 3 vocational schools, 5 colleges for postgraduate studies, a foreign language school, as well as 2 distance education programs, and about 45,000 students study in it.
• It is the fourth Turkish public university to be established in the modern republic. It was founded in 1955 under the slogan "a peaceful university, high-quality education, a bright future", and it is located in the city of Izmir.
• It is characterized by its high rank locally in the list of the top 10 public universities in Turkey, and internationally, as it ranks 1063 in the current world university rankings.
• It includes 17 colleges, 9 institutes, 4 graduate schools, 10 vocational schools, 6 affiliated units, and 37 applications and research centers. It is attended by approximately 66,000 students.
• It is one of the oldest educational institutions in Turkey. It was founded in Istanbul in 1883 under the name "Hamidiyeh Tikaret Muqtab Al-Alessi".
• It developed over time until it started receiving its first students in the academic year 1982-1983.
• It is currently ranked 1069th in the world university rankings, and 1201st according to the QS World University Rankings.
• It includes 16 colleges, 9 vocational schools, and 11 institutes. The number of courses and academic degrees is currently 199, and the number of students is 70,000.
Dokuz Eylul University
• It was Founded in 1982 in the city of Izmir, and has the advantage of working in the center of the regional network of universities in the Aegean region.
• Although it is relatively recent compared to other public universities, it is distinguished by its high international classification, as it ranks 1086 in the world university rankings, 701 according to the academic ranking of the world's universities from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and 1201 according to the QS World University Rankings.
• It contains 14 colleges, 10 institutes, 3 schools, 7 vocational schools, and 54 research centers, and about 45,000 students study in it.
Finally, we have learned about the top 10 public universities in Turkey currently. Certainly, studying in any of these universities is one of the goals that many students in our Arab countries seek to obtain a prestigious university degree.
So, dear student, hurry up to complete your studies, whether it is Bachelor's or Post-graduate studies at a Turkish university, and you can contact us to register and benefit from the exclusive offers provided by our StudyFans platform.