Distance Education in Turkey
Distance education is one of the modern educational methods that are used in Turkey, and this method has been used during the corona pandemic that rocked the whole world including Turkey.
For public health safety and to encourage using trustworthy educational methods, distance education was introduced in Turkey and many universities offered educational programs for all grades.
This article discusses distance education in Turkey and how the education process works using the internet, and the pros and cons of this method.
- It’s a remote educational process between a teacher and a student, which means the student and the teacher are not there physically, and it doesn’t matter how long is the distance between them as it can be countries or even a continent.
- The online interaction between them is happening with technology and educational platforms like Zoom or Google meet.
- Distance education in Turkey was a new venture, but globally it had a long history. However, it had more appeal especially when the pandemic was spreading.
- This kind of education has huge popularity in Turkey, and it’s recognized for all grades except primary school, specifically for students from the age of one to five.
- The ministry of education in Turkey plans and executes all online educational activities for all grades, however, the ministry of higher education is responsible for education in universities.
- In the last few years, there has been an increase in the number of students coming to Turkey, especially for master’s degrees, and the Turkish universities can not host this huge number of foreigners and Turkish students.
Distance education in Turkey is important and has plenty of advantages that can motivate students to choose to take this step, like:
- Lower tuition fees in Turkey
- Attending lectures from anywhere
- The ability to download lectures and attend them later
- Staying safe from coronavirus
- Creating a new tool for education
- Publicize distance education simultaneously with remote work
- Emphasize the idea of learning new skills
Distance education has many advantages, so it must have some downsides as well that can be solved with new methods coming out every day, downsides like:
- Less integration with surroundings
- The inability to repulse boredom
- The unawareness of distance education
- The distance education infrastructure hasn’t been developed
- The academic staff needs training in how to use the new technology
- The consternation of going out of your comfort zone
- The students don’t have the proper tools for online education
Here is some golden advice for distance education students in Turkey which can help them overcome some road bumps they may face:
- Have a place to help you focus on your studies
- Make a schedule just like a university with break time
- Find tools to help you study online
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions
- Be punctual
- Be active while interacting with your teachers and classmates
Here are the best public universities in Turkey that offer great distance education programs, bearing in mind that online education in turkey is only available for master’s programs:
- Anadolu University
- Istanbul University
- Ataturk University
The Top Turkish Private Universities in Distance Education
Here are the best Turkish universities that have online education and the programs they offer
1- Altinbaş University
- Business administration master’s degree with thesis in Turkish language for $5500
2- Aydin University
- Business administration master’s degree without a thesis in English language for $8000.
- Banking and finance master’s degree without a thesis in Turkish language for $7000.
- Business administration master’s degree without a thesis in Turkish language for $2600.
- Business administration master’s degree without a thesis in Turkish language for $3600
- Business administration master’s degree with thesis in Turkish language for $5000.
- Logistic management master’s degree without a thesis in Turkish language for $3600
- Accounting master’s degree with thesis in Turkish language for $6000
- Accounting master’s degree without a thesis in Turkish language for $5000.
- Information Technology master’s degree without a thesis in Turkish language for $9000
- English language education master’s degree without a thesis in Turkish language for $9000
1-What is the meaning of Synchronous and Asynchronous Learning?
Distance education has two categories:
- Synchronous Learning requires both teacher and students to be online using an educational platform.
- Asynchronous Learning means that the lectures are prerecorded, and students can download and watch them anytime they like.
2-What are the most famous types of distance education?
There are different types and tools that you can use for distance education, and they are all effective, so you can choose whatever suits you, the types include:
- Video conference.
- Hybrid education combines Synchronous and Asynchronous learning.
- Educational courses are either paid or free on specific platforms.
3-What are the required papers to study online in Turkey?
- Notarized copy of your last degree.
- Passport copy.
- The entry exam depends on the chosen department.
- Proof of a scholarship.
- Recommendation letters
- Motivation letter.
The world still amazes us with its technological revolution that made the globe a small village and within a year paved the way to change an antiquated educational system and rely more on distance education in Turkey and worldwide.
This change was bound to happen, because the only constant in this universe is changing, and without these changes, we wouldn’t have improved and wouldn’t have stepped outside our comfort zone.
If you wanted to know more or have any questions, we are here to help you and you can always contact us:
Or via WhatsApp through this link.