Study of Aeronautical Engineering in Turkey
What is the study of Aeronautical Engineering in Turkey? What are the advantages and disadvantages of this study? and are there available job opportunities in Turkey for international students?
All these questions and more are on the minds of many seeking to study Aeronautical Engineering in Turkey.
If you have reached this article, you are one of those seekers. Therefore, follow us to find out the answers to your inquiries.
Aeronautical engineering is one of the most crucial engineering specializations, with many categories and sub specializations concerning the manufacturing and development of aircraft and air vehicles.
People seeking to study aeronautical engineering may think that it is limited to the design and manufacturing of aircraft only; however, this is not true as it includes the study of all other airspace vehicles such as:
- Some spacecraft
The syllabus of this specialization covers the following main topics
- Design and Manufacturing
- Development and Improvement
Moreover, it includes the study of increasing the efficiency rates of aircraft performance or any airspace vehicles, reflecting a mutual connection between aeronautical engineering and mechanical engineering specializations.
However, is there any intersection between aeronautical engineering and other specializations such as aerospace engineering? This question is what we will investigate in the subsequent section.
What is aeronautical engineering and aerospace engineering? Are they similar specializations, or is there a difference between them? Let us explain it to you.
The aeronautical engineering specialization differs to a large extent from aerospace engineering. The syllabus of the aeronautical engineering specialization focuses on studying the aircraft that operate within the earth's atmosphere. In contrast, aerospace engineering is concerned with the vehicle that operates outside the earth's atmosphere, i.e., spacecraft.
Perhaps this confuses those interested in studying aeronautical engineering.
Talking about the similarities between aeronautical engineering and aerospace engineering, they cover the same topics (design and manufacturing, development, and maintenance).
There are many job opportunities for aeronautical engineering graduates in Turkey or any other country, such as:
- Aircraft Design and Manufacture Engineer
- Engine Design and Manufacture Engineer
- Operation Engineer
- Aircraft Performance Test Engineer
- Aeronautical Mechanical Engineer (Maintain the aircraft structures and engines)
- Power Management Engineer
- Administrative Engineer (management, general follow-up, and writing reports)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Maintain the electrical and communication systems)
- Research Engineer
- Flight Line Engineer
- Aircraft Electronics Engineers such as autopilot and aeronautics
There are several jobs for the aeronautical engineering graduates in the aviation units and institutions, such as:
- Airline Management Institutions
- Civil Aviation Administration Institutions and Military Aviation Institutions
- Airports and government and private aviation units
- Aircraft and air vehicle maintenance companies
- Institutions and academies of scientific research
- Aircraft maintenance workshops
There are many reasons and advantages for traveling to Turkey to study aeronautical engineering or other science specializations. Here are the top 10 reasons for that:
- Turkey has a large number of prestigious public and private universities.
- Multiple languages of study, as you can choose another language of study other than Turkish, such as English.
- Turkish universities provide practical training for different specializations such as engineering, medical sciences, and other disciplines requiring practical training to enhance students' capabilities.
- The presence of a nurturing environment that supports students during their journey through educational programs, the standard of living, medical care, or living costs.
- The possibility of obtaining official residence in Turkey throughout the study.
- Ease of coexistence with Turkish citizens and an opportunity to meet several students from around the world.
- Turkey has numerous universities, offering a wide range of study costs and allowing you to choose what suits your capabilities. Moreover, some free scholarships can be awarded in some universities.
- The possibility of pursuing postgraduate studies, including the masters and doctoral degrees.
- Turkey is one of the most prominent tourist destinations, and its air aviation sector is one of the strongest in the country, offering excellent job opportunities for aeronautical engineering graduates.
- There is a possibility of obtaining internship opportunities while studying aeronautical engineering in Turkey, which will equip you with life and professional experiences.
The courses of the aeronautical engineering specialization are divided into general courses and specialized courses such as:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Aircraft Mechanics
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Aircraft Design
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Performance Analysis and Tracking
- Business Administration
- Writing Research and Reports
- Structural Analysis
- Aviation Management
Many Turkish universities offer the aeronautical engineering specialization, which can be public or private universities such as:
Istanbul Gelişim University
Istanbul Gelişim University is one of the Turkish universities that offer the study of aeronautical engineering with a duration of 4 years in English and Turkish.
This is the only Turkish private university that offers the study of aeronautical engineering. The tuition fees to pursue this specialization are about 4,882.5 $for English, 3255$ for Turkish Language.
İzmir University of Economics
Izmir University has various specializations, including aeronautical and aerospace engineering. The study duration of this specialization is four years with an English medium of instruction.
The cost of studying aeronautical and aerospace engineering is about $8000.
Özyeğin University does not offer aeronautical engineering specialization. However, it offers another essential specialization, i.e., aviation management, which provides many job opportunities in the labor market.
The aviation management program is available at Özyeğin University with a duration of 4 years and an English medium of instruction. The tuition fees for this specialization are about $9,600.
The student should submit the following documents to obtain the admission in aeronautical engineering in Turkey
- A copy of a valid passport
- A copy of the residential permission in Turkey
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Transcript (includes student's grades in detail)
- Notarized certificate of proficiency in English and Turkish languages
Admission for other specializations may require additional documents such as certificates of passing exams like the YÖS test.
Here we come to the end of today's article, which overviews the study of aeronautical engineering in Turkey and the most critical work areas and job opportunities for its graduates.
We also discussed the most famous Turkish universities to study aeronautical engineering, the admission requirements, and the most important reasons for choosing the StudyFans website to apply for the said program.
If you wanted to know more or have any questions, we are here to help you and you can always contact us:
Or via WhatsApp through this link.