Why To Study Mechanical Engineering ?
Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering specialization. The study of mechanical engineering at Turkish universities is distinguished by the high-quality courses, professional faculty, and applied laboratories. This specialization is concerned with graduating students with practical and scientific capabilities in the field.
One of the most important axes of mechanical engineering study is understanding the relationship between forces and motion, such as dynamics, vibrations, and automatic control. Comprehending the basic concepts of heat such as thermodynamics, heat transfer, air conditioning and refrigeration, energy, fluids, properties of materials, and manufacturing and production processes are other axes to be covered during the study of mechanical engineering.
• Turkish universities prepare mechanical engineering graduates to be highly qualified engineers capable of handling and analyzing complex systems and innovating through research and product design to meet the local and regional market. Moreover, they work to improve the capability of graduates to plan, operate, maintain, and manage production lines by mass-producing at a low cost while maintaining the supply of companies.
Advantages of Studying Mechanical Engineering in Turkey
• Students learn to design mechanical components, machines, systems, and processes using principles of motion and energy
• Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering includes several areas of specialization such as telecommunications, automotive, aerospace, chemical, and power generation
• The graduates can obtain many highly-paid jobs in mechanical engineering industries, or they can pursue higher studies.
Duration of Mechanical Engineering Study in Turkey
The duration of studying mechanical engineering is four years.
Mechanical engineering syllabi are available in English and Turkish mediums of instruction.
• The admitted students should appear for the language level determination test based on the language of the study.
• If the student does not achieve the required level for the study, an additional period (one semester or one academic year) will be given to study the language and clear the test.
Skills of Mechanical Engineering Graduates in Turkey
• Technical and mechanical engineering skills
• Math, Physics, Design, and Mechanics skills
• Advanced material and manufacturing skills
• Bulk solids handling skills
• Fluid dynamics skills
• Thermodynamic skills
• Computer-Aided Engineering Skills
What does the Student of Mechanical Engineering Study in Turkey
• General Physics
• General Chemistry
• Engineering and Ethics
• Economics and Engineering Management
• Engineering Statistics
• Electrical and Electronic Circuits
• Numerical Analysis
• Electrical Machines for non-Electrical Engineering Students
• Electrical Machinery laboratory for non-Electrical Engineering Students
• Mechanical Drawing
• Applied Mathematics and Dynamics
• Manufacturing Processes
• Dynamics and Vibrations Laboratory
• Machine Design
• Heat Transfer Fluids
• Field training for mechanical engineering
• Automatic Control Systems
• Engineering Programming Language
• Heating and air conditioning systems
•Internal combustion engines
• Railway Technology for Mechanical Engineering
• Maintenance Management
• Planning and Designing Industrial Plants
• Finite Element Theory
•Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
• Machine Dynamics
• Renewable Energy
• Thermal Power Stations
• Cooling Systems
• Hydraulic Power
Mechanical Engineering Course Structure in Turkey
First academic year
Computer Programming, General Chemistry, Introduction to Engineering Sciences, Calculus, Physics, Technical Drawing and Design, and Thermodynamics.
Second academic year
DC Circuit Analysis and Design, Probability and Statistics, Differential Equations, Kinematics, Resistance Science, and Engineering Materials.
Third academic year
Numerical Analysis, Fluid Mechanics, Machine Design, Machine Manufacturing Methods, System Dynamics and Control, Heat Transfer, Machine Theory, and Ethics
Fourth academic year
Occupational Health and Safety, Graduation Project, Mechatronics, Transportation Technology, Renewable Energy Technologies, Electrical Machines, and Production of Composite Materials. Moreover, training laboratories for each course include physics, electricity, electronics, computer, and mechanics. The gained theoretical knowledge is applied in experiments on fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and solid materials.
Best Turkish Universities to Study Mechanical Engineering and their Tuition Fees
• Altinbas University, 4,000$
• Atilim University, 9800$
• Ozyegin University, 8400$
• Haliç University, 4,000$
• Istanbul Bilgi University, 6600$
• Isik University, 4500$
• Istanbul Aydin University, 5000$
• Istanbul Okan University, 4560$
• Istinye University, 5400$
• Nişantaşı University, Turkish medium of instruction, 2450$
• Yeditepe University, 12,500$