Study in Turkey: The ultimate Guide for International students
If you have ever used search engines to look up “how to study in Turkey”, or if you are a student or a parent who is interested in studying in Turkey, then this article will give you all the necessary details to find what suits you best.
So, what are the steps to study in Turkey? How to start? And what to search for?
First: Think about your desired departments.
- For starters, you have to think about the subjects you like and, what department suits you. Do you like math, do you dream of helping patients, do you aspire to become a businessman or an artist?
- Are you good at languages, or do you prefer teaching?
Second: Which university is best in this department.
- Say you decide to study medicine or automotive engineering, you will find that the best medical governmental universities are “Hacettepe University” and “Istanbul University”, and the best private universities are “Okan University” and “Istanbul Medipol University”.
- For automotive engineering the best governmental universities are “Istanbul technical University” and “Middle East Technical University”, and the best private universities are “Okan University” and “Atilim University”
- That’s why you need to select a department first, then select a university to narrow down your choices between all the Turkish universities to just a few so you can easily make a choice.
Third: Narrow Down Your Choices.
- Compare between universities. Ask and search for the best university between your choices, you will save a lot of effort and time and you will make the right decision.
- No doubt, if you search and ask about the best university amongst your choices will make it easier for you to make a decision, and we at StudyFans offer you a free educational consultation, we will provide you with all the information so don’t hesitate to ask.
- You can also use the Turkish government websites, which helps you sort the universities based on different criteria like specialty, and prices, etc. their search engine has many different criteria that you select from for example:
- If you like some activity or sports, you can find if the university has a club and a facility that support your hobby.
- If you prefer a specific city, like Istanbul for example, you can limit your choices to that city.
- Tuition fees: is another important criterion, you can search with the amount you can afford if you choose a private university.
- If your desired department requires technical labs, like mechanical engineering, you can find if the university has the labs.
- If you are interested in higher education and research papers, you can find if the university is a reputable research institute, has a good curriculum, and has excellent academic staff.
Fourth: Know the Requirement for Your Desired Department.
- It’s important to know the required papers and certificates beforehand and get them ready, for example, most Turkish universities require to have your high school diploma translation. This is an important piece of information you need to know so you can continue your admission process smoothly, it only takes a few minutes, but your academic future depends on it.
- Furthermore, the governmental universities require extra certificates like SAT or YÖS, also you will need to pass an entrance exam for your chosen medium of instruction whether it’s English or Turkish if you don’t have IELTS or TOFEL certificate.
Fifth: After You’ve Prepped the Required Papers, Next, We Apply for Your Desired University.
There are three steps for admission to Turkish universities:
- After you have prepped the required papers, you send them to the university, and then you will receive the conditional acceptance letter.
Paying a deposit to reserve your seat:
- Next, you need to transfer the deposit (deductible from the tuition fee) to the university’s bank account, which ensures the reservation of your seat, and then you will receive the final acceptance letter.
Applying for a Turkish visa:
- Finally, you head to the Turkish embassy wherever you are residing to apply for a visa, the final acceptance letter will make it easy for you to acquire a student visa.
- Now you are considered a student in Turkey, and you can come to Turkey to start your educational journey, however, you are missing some minor steps as you have already completed the major steps.
Seventh: Completing Your Registration.
Bring all the original copies with you to Turkey to complete your registration, and then you can apply for a residence permit, and a bank account easily, as there are many perks for being a student in Turkey.
However, if you required assistance to complete these steps, we offer a logistic package that includes: